So the question is why some Windows updates just refuse to install.
Or sometimes, when you open the Windows update history, some Windows updates may not be installed with various errors such as 00f080a or 00f0904. If you have a similar problem with Windows Update Won’t Install Updates or if Windows 10 update is not installed or stuck in the download, you are on the right track. In this article we will discuss some unique solutions you can apply when reinstalling Windows updates.
Windows Update could not be installed
Microsoft has recently released Windows Update KB4592438 for devices with the latest versions of Windows 10 20H2 and 2004. The installation of the KB4592438 removes the operating system in Windows 10 versions 19042.685 and 19041.685, focusing on security and non-security patches. But several Windows users report that update KB4592438 is not installed with different errors 00f0922, 000ffff, 00f0826.
Many users describe the problem in the Microsoft forum.
There were problems installing some updates, but we will try again later. If you continue to see it and want to check it online or contact customer service, this can help:
2020-12 Update for Windows 10 version 1909 for x64-based systems (KB4592438) – Error 00f0831, 00f0900 or 0070005″.
And it’s the same situation with Windows November 10, 2019 Update version 1909. The update KB4592449 for Windows 10 build 18362.1256 and 18363.1256 is locked in the installation or cannot be installed.
The symptoms are almost identical in all cases. Update KB4592438 or KB4592449 fails to install and forces the user to return to the desktop before returning to the changes, starts on a black screen, or appears to install successfully to be offered again on the same systems and requires a reboot to complete the process.
Why can’t I install the Windows Update?
Many factors can cause Windows Update to fail repeatedly. The most common are damaged or missing system files, outdated drivers, security or VPN software, problems with the Internet connection or problems with the Windows Update service. If the installation of Windows Update fails with several errors, or if the updates do not load or continue to run with errors, apply the suggestions below.
What to do if an update of Windowsfails?
Let’s get on with the solutions: What do you do if Windows updates are not installed? The first thing we recommend is to check your internet connection. To download and install Windows updates from a Microsoft server, you must have a stable Internet connection.
Try reinstalling the Windowsupdate
Unplug unnecessary devices such as USB sticks or external hard drives, headphones or printers.
Again, this may be security software or a third party antivirus interface that prevents the installation of Windows Update when you update Windows. Disable or uninstall the antivirus program, and most importantly, disconnect the VPN connection (if configured on your device) and check for Windows updates.
Also make sure that the Windows drive you have installed (mainly the C: drive) has enough space to download and install Windows updates.
Now manually check for window updates:
- Press the Windows + X button and select Settings,
- Click the Update and Security button and then click the Check for Updates button,
- Also don’t forget to click on the Download and Install link under Additional Updates (if available).
- The downloading and installation of Windows updates from Microsoft’s server then begins,
- All you have to do is restart your computer to apply Windows updates.
Start window Own start state
Rebooting the computer can also help. If third-party software causes conflicts, download and install Windows updates. Here’s how:
- Go to search box > type msconfig
- Select System Configuration > Click on the Services tab.
- Select Hide All Microsoft Services > Disable All
alt=Hide all Microsoft services width=762 height=517 data-ezsrc=http://image.windows101tricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Hide-all-Microsoft-services.jpg />
Go to the Start tab >Open Task Manager >Switch off unnecessaryservices there. Restart your computer and check for updates.
Ongoing Update WindowsTroubleshooting
Launch the built-in Windows Update troubleshooter, which attempts to identify and fix issues that may prevent Windows 10 from downloading and installing the latest Windows updates.
To run the problem-solving program
- Press Windows + x and select Settings,
- Go to Updates and Security and then to Troubleshooting and click on the link for further troubleshooting.
alt= click More bug fixes width=928 height=730 data-ezsrc=http://image.windows101tricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Click-Additional-troubleshooters.jpg data-ez= />
- Search and select Windows Update and then click Run Diagnostic Utility.
alt=Windows update diagnostic width=992 height=805 data-ezsrc=http://image.windows101tricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Run-Windows-update-troubleshooter.jpg data-ez= />
The diagnostic process checks the status of Windows Update and related services, performs repairs, and restarts Windows Update components. In addition, the Diagnostic Tool removes temporary files related to Windows Update, checks for current updates, etc.
Once troubleshooting is complete, restart your computer and check again for Windows updates.
Window Reset Update
If the problem persists after troubleshooting, if the Windows Update freezes on startup, or if it cannot be installed, reset the Windows Update components by following these steps.
Open a command prompt as administrator, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
- mains plug wuauserv
- Shutting down the cryptoSvc network
- Network Disconnection
- Ren C:WindowsSoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
- Launch of the wuauserv network
- Encryption on network startup
- Network startup bits
- Network start-up messages
These commands first stop the Windows Update service and the associated services. Then rename the SoftwareDistribution folder to SoftwareDistribution.old. (If Windows saves update files, Windows updates may not be installed if the files in this folder are corrupted. ) Then restart Windows Update and the associated services.
If you don’t like the command line, then
- Open the Windows services console with services.msc
- ABM Update Service and related services (BITS)
- Go to the next place.
Now delete everything in the folder, but do not delete the folder itself.
To do this, press CTRL + A to select all and then press the Delete key to delete the files.
alt=clear Windows update cache=870 altitude=497 data-ezsrc=http://image.windows101tricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Clear-Windows-update-cache.jpg data-ez= />
Or rename the distribution folder of the software (C:Windows). Then, restart previously stopped services and check for Windows updates again.
alt=name SoftwareDistribution folder width=710 height=381 data-ezsrc=http://image.windows101tricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/rename-SoftwareDistribution-folder.jpg />
Changing Google’s DNS
If you notice that a Windows update is not loading or the download of the update is blocked, follow these steps to change the DNS address. Several users have recommended this solution as a viable solution when a Windows update freezes during loading.
- Press Windows + R, type ncpa.cpl and click OK,
- The Network Connections window opens,
- Find the active network adapter, right-click and select Properties,
- Double-click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) to open its properties,
- Select the radio button, use the following DNS server address, and then set the desired DNS server 8.8.8 and the alternate DNS server 18.104.22.168.
- Select the checkbox for the outgoing scanning options, click OK, Apply and OK.
Now try reinstalling Windows Update and check the status.
alt=Changing the DNS server address in Windows 10 width=795 height=635 data-ezsrc=http://image.windows101tricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Change-DNS-server-Address-In-Windows-10.jpg data-ez= />
Restore corrupted Windowssystem files
Corrected system files can prevent the application of new Windows updates and can also cause Windows installation to fail or freeze. Run the DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management) utility and sfc (System File Checker) to automatically detect and correct missing system files.
- Open a command prompt as administrator,
- First execute the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- After executing the command, start sfc /scannow
- Both commands check the functionality of the system image and, if damage is detected in the system files, restore it with the appropriate command.
- End the scan 100%, then restart your computer and try to reinstall Windows Update.
alt=DISM restore health and sfc utility command width=687 height=386 data-ezsrc=http://image.windows101tricks.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/DISM-restore-health-and-sfc-utility-command.jpg />
Upgrading Windows 10 offline
You can also fix your Windows Update installation issues by manually installing the latest Windows 10 updates.
- Visit the Windows 10 Update History website where you can view the logs of all Windows updates released so far.
- Write down the KB number of the last published update.
- Now use the Windows Update website to check for updates specified by the KB number you registered. (For example KB4592438) Download the update depending on whether it is 32-bit = x86 or 64-bit = x64.
- Open the downloaded file to install the update.
After installing the updates you can simply restart your computer to apply the changes. In addition, if Windows Update crashes during the update, use the official media creation tool to update Windows 10 version 20H2 without errors or problems.
Did these solutions fix Windows 10 update error 00f0900? Please let us know in the comments below. Also readable
alt=Ezoic data-ezsrc=http://server.digimetriq.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/No-Audio-Output-Device-Is-Installed-Windows-10-version-20H2.png /> report this ad.
windows update not working windows 10,windows 10 updates won't install,windows 10 update problems 2020,how to fix windows 10 update error,windows 10 update problems today,windows 10 update not downloading,windows 10 updates fail to install,windows update failed to install,windows 7 updates fail every time,windows 10 update failed to install 1909,windows update troubleshooter,windows 10 update failed to install 1903,windows 10 check for updates not working